After making his deal with God (if you missed that blog, you can read it here) Jackson has finally saved up enough money and is now the very proud owner of a Gibson SG!
It has taken him a little longer than he was hoping but apparently it is well worth the wait and the sacrifice. He is one happy Chappy!
I have to say, as his Dear old Mum, I couldn’t be prouder! He has worked hard, saved hard, and gone without to get this guitar.
He has made some hard calls, but as I sit here and try and concentrate, there is music blaring through the walls and I know it has all been worth it for him. The look on his face, when he walked out of the Rock Shop with his guitar in hand, was absolutely priceless and something I won’t forget for a long time!
Jackson has definitely taught me some great life lessons through his journey:
- Sacrifice is always worth it.
- To stand strong and go after the things in life that are important to you, no matter what other people say.
- To not let small things get in the way of what you really want.
- Being generous throughout the journey will always be rewarded.
- When things get tough, have people to back you and remind you that the sacrifice is worth it.
So what’s next on the list for Jackson……. A car, of course! He still has a year before he can even drive, but I have no doubt this time next year I will be writing about Jackson and his new car…… watch this space!
I sometimes wonder if I will ever get to the point where my kids will cease to amaze me…….I certainly hope not!