Ok, so in preparation for Declare Conference we are doing a fun 4×4 to get to know each other better, so here is my 4×4:
4 FACTS ABOUT ME:
1. I love to travel! We went to Disneyland for our honeymoon and in 2009 we lived in the USA for a year. Last year God took us to Africa to meet our sponsor kids and this year we are off to Mexico to build houses for 2 families who currently live on the streets.
2. I share a birthday with Michael J Fox, T D Jakes and Johnny Depp, who just happens to be my favourite actor.
3. I was the first child in NZ to have their birthday party at McDonalds. I think this lead to my French fry obsession!
4. When I first started public speaking, I use to vomit every time I would have to speak. I still get nervous and feel completely out of my comfort zone, but God is continually working in me and on me!
4 ENDEARING QUIRKS
1. I love Organising and labelling! My pantry is something I am very proud of, completely labelled and beautifully organised! I will label and organise everything I can get my wee hands on.
2. I am enthusiastic, about any and everything! I love to get people excited about their lives. I am great at turning the mundane into exciting and I love to “gush”
3. When I get excited I talk a million miles an hour, which apparently makes me quite hard to understand with my kiwi accent!
4. I don’t do ‘normal’ God has called me to live a life outside of normal and I love that, living by faith, doing things other people say no to and honouring God in all I do.
4 THINGS ABOUT MY BLOG
1. I am honest! Pretty much what you see is what you get with me! I am not trying to impress anyone and if you meet me in person I hope I am the same as in my blog!
2. Blogging is not something I ever thought I would do, but God has asked me to go on this crazy journey with Him, and so here I am. God has said to write and He will do the rest (what ever that may be!) I also have 2 books floating around in my head.
3. I have a love/hate relationship with being vulnerable on the internet.
4. God has blown me away with my blog, and where He is taking me. I still get so surprised when someone tells me they are reading my blog!
4 OF MY FAVOURITE THINGS
1. Christmas! I LOVE Christmas, I love the countdown, the food, the presents, the decor, the music, the anticipation…..absolutely everything about Christmas. But when it’s over, it’s over and everything is down and packed away by January 1st!
2. I love countdowns! I love counting down and looking forward to things, doesn’t matter how big or small there are always sleeps to count down!
3. Jeans and t-shirts! I am a casual girl and live in jeans, t’s and converse sneakers. My friends just about died the first time they ever saw me in a dress (happens about twice a year!)
4. Hamburgers and French fries! I’m sorry to all you healthies out there, but I just love them, I seriously could eat them every day!
So this is me in a nutshell!