You know, so often blogs writer’s tell you all about the good stuff about themselves and really, why wouldn’t they?
I am such a great Mother, I am a talented artist, I am an extreme athlete, I excel at everything I do and you should all be like me!
That’s all very well and lovely, but let’s be honest… No one is perfect. No one gets parenting right ALL the time. Everybody sweats when they exercise (well they should!) and no one is perfect 24/7! What you see on the surface may not be the same as what you see behind closed doors.
I would love to tell you that I never get mad at the kids, that I always have a smile on my face and a happy tune on my lips, that I am disciplined, self motivated and brimming with excitement all the time, but alas, that would not be the truth!
So to keep this blog real I have decided to tell you 25 things I don’t want you to know about me!
Yes, it is a little scary putting yourself out there (like starting this blog wasn’t scary enough!) but I try and live my life as an open book so I have nothing to hide and nothing to be ashamed of. What you see is hopefully what you get! Ps….As much as I would have loved to photoshop this pic of me, it is a-la-natural!
Ok people, here we go……..
1. I eat way too many french fries.
2. I hate being told what to do.
3. I have cut down my consumption of Coke Zero to 1 can a day.
4. I struggle with who God has created me to be on a weekly basis.
5. I have an obsession with Christmas.
6. Speaking of obsessions, Johnny Depp is pretty well up there with Christmas.
7. I often sneak candy from the kids jar when they are in bed.
8. My lamp shades have a generous (could almost be artistic)covering of dust on them.
9. I hate being late, for me 5 minutes early is “being late”
10. I often pray that God won’t send me to live oversea’s.
11. I am way too good at pouting.
12. I once lost my son in K-Mart
13. When my daughter was 2 I made her sit on Santa’s knee, even though she was screaming her head off (and then took a photo)
14. I don’t enjoy cooking.
15. I will avoid using the phone at any cost.
16. My craft supplies are in boxes that haven’t been opened for months.
17. I am a fussy eater.
18. I am a control freak at heart.
19. I get upset when the labels in my pantry are not all lined up.
20. I hate my eyebrows.
21. I spend way too much time on Pinterest.
22. Sometimes I will exit Church quickly just so I don’t have to make small talk with people.
23. I have extremely low tolerance for whiny people who will do nothing to change their situation.
24. I am bad at grammar (as you will no doubt see in my writing)
25. One of my not so great parenting moments was when the Tooth Fairy slept in and forgot to collect the tooth and leave money.
So there you go!
25 things I didn’t really want you to know about me, but hey, if you can’t be honest with yourself (and everyone in cyberspace) then who can you be honest with?